- Springs open, lays flat and maintains shape.
- Facilitates easy placement and positioning throughout the ventral repair.
- Absorption of the PDO monofilament occurs in vivo by means of hydrolysis and is essentially complete in 6–8 months, leaving less implant material behind.††
- Easy handling and positioning.
- Allows the use of mechanical fixation for increased efficiency.
- Monofilament polypropylene mesh provides fast tissue ingrowth and incorporation, eliminating the need for permanent transfixation sutures.
The Ventrio™ Hernia Patch is compatible in both Open and Laparoscopic Ventral procedures with the SorbaFix™ Absorbable Fixation System and the PermaFix™ Permanent Fixation System.
- Submicronic ePTFE side minimizes tissue attachment to the patch.
- ePTFE is complemented by monofilament polypropylene and polydioxanone.
- Used in general surgery for many years with success demonstrated by clinical outcomes.
Logarithmic regression curve of mean force of lap-shear strength as a function of time. 74% of the 12 week strength is achieved by 2 weeks post-operatively.
Strength in repair via Monofilament Polypropylene Mesh
† Data generated from an animal study using the Ventrio™ Hernia Patch. Data on file.
†† Data generated from an animal study using Ventrio™ Hernia Patch. Data on file.