SORBAFIX™ Absorbable Fixation System
New Enhanced SORBAFIX™
Absorbable Fixation System
Smart Design, Not Sharp Design.
The unique fastener design of the SorbaFix™ Absorbable Fixation system means no sharp points are left behind in the patient. Preclinical data shows that a hollow core allows tissue ingrowth through the fastener.² The 5 mm depth of tissue purchase and consistent thread diameter from head to tip assure maximum tissue engagement during open and laparoscopic procedures. The SorbaFix™ Absorbable Fixation System has a 5 mm, low-profile delivery system that offers smooth, efficient deployment. Keeping track of the pre-loaded 15- or 30-fastener configurations is now easy with a new fastener gauge.
- Repair strength approximately 7x greater than maximum
Intraabdominal Pressure (IAP).¹,²
- Threaded, hollow core allows for tissue in-growth through interior of fastener.
- The consistent diameter of the threads from head to tip and fastener
length are designed to maximize tissue engagement.
- Obturator with piloting tip accurately pilots fastener through mesh
- Atraumatic blunt tip fastener with smooth head and no
- Innovative mechanical design enables a durable delivery system.
- Absorption of the poly (D, L) – lactide (PLA) fasteners is
nearly complete at approximately 12 months post implantation, leaving less foreign material behind.²
Consult product labels and inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions and instructions for use.
¹ Twardowski ZJ et al “Intraabdominal Pressures during Natural Activities in Patients
Treated with Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis” Nephron 44:129-135
1986. Cobb WS et al. "The Argument for Lightweight Polypropylene Mesh in
Hernia Repair" Surgical Innovation. Vol 12 (1).63-69, 2005.
² Data generated from an animal study using the SORBAFIX™ Absorbable Fixation
System and from a cadaver study using the PERMAFIX™ Permanent Fixation System.
Data on file.
Results may not correlate to performance in humans.